- How and why we collect your personal information.
- How your information is used and protected.
- When and with whom we share your information.
- The choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information.
- Notice and Scope of Our Privacy Practices
We collect personal information about you to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your shopping experience. We strive to limit the amount of personal information collected to support the intended purpose of the collection.
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with ToysINeed.com. Some examples are when you:
- Create an account on our website
- Request customer service or contact us
- Submit a ToysINeed.com related story, testimonial, rating or review, or other user-generated content that may be posted on the site
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey
- Submit personal information to us along with any related content of the communication
Personal information is information that identifies you or is reasonably linked to you. The personal information we collect may include contact and payment information like your name, email and physical addresses, phone numbers, and credit and debit card information. For certain transactions, we may be required to collect information to comply with legal requirements.
We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with our websites, emails, and online advertising. Our purpose is to allow the websites to work correctly, to evaluate use of the website, and to support website analytics and marketing campaigns. Some examples include:
- We may collect technical information such as your internet protocol address, your device operating system and browser type, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our websites.
- We use “cookies” to recognize you as you use or return to our sites. This is done so that we can provide a continuous and more personalized experience for you. A cookie is a small text file that a website or email may save to your browser and store on your hard drive.
- We may also use web beacons. Beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our website and other sites were effective.
- Google’s use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
ToysINeed.com uses your information to offer and provide our services and to support our core business functions. These include service fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety and legal functions. Some examples include:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests
- To register and service your account
- To administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and promotions
- To help us improve and customize our service offerings, website, and advertising
- To send you information about our products, services, and promotions
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business.
ToysINeed.com does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We only disclose your personal information with your prior consent or under the following limited circumstances.
We may disclose or otherwise make available personal information about you to service providers that help with our business operations. Examples are shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, and companies that help us improve our product and service offerings and our websites. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in the United States or other locations where the service providers or ToysINeed.com maintain facilities. We require our service providers to keep your information secure. In addition, our service providers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf.
We may disclose your information in other special circumstances. These include situations when the sharing is necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of ToysINeed.com, our customers, our associates, or any other person, or where otherwise required by law. Examples include protecting the safety of customers, or addressing crimes committed on ToysINeed.com property. ToysINeed.com may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of ToysINeed.com or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
ToysINeed.com collects, uses, or discloses your personal information consistent with this policy. The method of obtaining consent is appropriate for the type of personal information being collected, used, or disclosed.
We want to communicate with you in ways you want to hear from us. Examples are newsletters, special offers, and new product announcements. We use the following standards for marketing communications:
We use an opt-out standard for email or for other communications like mail. Opt-out means we consider your consent is implied, but will stop the activity on your request.
If you contact us by email or mail, please be sure to include your full name, the types of communications you would like to receive or not receive, and your related contact information. For instance, if you would like to opt-out of mail, include your mailing address. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. It may take up to 10 days to process your requests related to email and 4-6 weeks for other requests.
Please be aware that, even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes. Some examples are contacts for customer service, product information, service or reminder notices. We may also need to contact you with questions or information regarding your order, such as regarding order status, shipment, or refunds.
You may exercise choices related to our online operations and advertising. For instance, you can choose to browse our website without accepting cookies. Please know that cookies allow us to recognize you from page to page, and they support your transactions with us. Without cookies enabled, you will still be able to browse our website, but will not be able to take advantage of certain website features.
We are committed to protecting children’s online privacy. Our websites are for a general audience and are not geared towards children. In order to protect the privacy of children, ToysINeed.com website and mobile applications do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent.
We may work with analytics companies to help us understand how our applications are being used, such as the frequency and duration of usage. To protect the anonymity of this information, we use an encryption technology to help ensure that these third parties can’t identify you personally based on information they collect from our applications or your use of them. These analytics providers may also have access to your device-specific information such as a unique device identifier. This information will not be associated in any way with your account at ToysINeed.com or any personal information that identifies who you are, and we require these service providers to keep your information secure.